Thursday 7 March 2019

Strahan crew change over day.their stuff done

There was movement early in the morning,before seven the Port shower was in action.I was prompted by one of the crew,I thought you were going early to the laundry to beat everyone.
I jumped out of bed and decided to have a quick shave and shower before walking over to the laundromat.
I raided the cash jar for dollar coins for the machines and set off.Arrived with the cleaning lady to find I needed two two dollar coins and a single for each machine.Bugger ,go over to the reception to get change she said.Got sorted and started the washers.Went back to the boat for breakfast.
Returned with the right money for the drier.
The new machine was a beauty ,fitted all my washing in one go .90 minutes to dry it.Went along the wharf were the Harbourmaster was loading for the days trip.
Saw a couple of Police officers walking along the wharf towards Jerry and Dave’s boats,I was making a call to Les at the time.I found out after one of the fleets Personal alarms had been triggered and the port had picked it up.I is really ment for the boats crew to find a man overboard and really quite a local alarm.After a while Dave and Jerry managed to find out who’s it was and switched it off before Canberra was alerted and there was a massive response.They were hampered by people who had their radios and phones turned off.

Returned to the boat,the old crew were in full cleaning mode and had most things off the boat.
We decided to go over to Banjoes and have a coffee.I went and got my washing,there was now a mob there getting stuff done.
Back to the cafe for my drink.
Soon after the new crew arrived and the changeover was happening.
Tony,Chris and John were replaced by a new crew of Biggs,Peter and Chorozy.

Got settled in and had a nice ham roll for lunch.I had a small nana and they went for a walk.I woke up and finally the sun had come out for a while.I got the blog up to date and walked down to the Fisherman’s Wharf to see the Vic’s and have a conducted tour of Go Go,Bill and Julie’s new boat,she sure is a beast.Had a quiet can with a mob on Geelong Magic .

Returned to the pub intending to have a meal there but the que turned us off so back to the boat for a nice steak and salad meal.

Photo.you are being watched!
When I switched my IPad on this morning this greeted me.
Facebook sent me a photo posted two years ago of a Cray catch at Sandy Cape.
Interesting for Biggs joined Masterpiece today and the post was on the same day! Coincidence? I don’t know but maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment