Tuesday 6 January 2015

Blairgowrie Tuesday Jan 6

Reasonably quiet day today.
The crew cleaned up the inside of the boat and I did the outside in the morning.
Dave the marina manager showed up .The boats on our allocated berth went and we moved over at about 11.30.

I shouted Graeme and Ben lunch at a place in Blairgowrie.
We had just walked across the road to the bus stop when it showed up.They jumped on and were gone.
I went down to the local shop and bought a few things with the intention of cooking my tea on board.
When I was walking back to the boat Will called and asked if I was going out to watch the Bang The Corners competition.
We can supply a crew if you like.Ok I said but you will have to come along here.
They arrived and we took the boat along to where the racing was to take place.

Bang The  Corners is a moth tradition where they set up a triangle course and let 20 boats enter in a two lap race around it.
The divide them into two flights of ten then race them around the buoys.
At the end of each race the last two drop off until there is only two left when they race off for the 1000 dollar donated prize.
This year Josh Mc Knight won with Nathan Outtridge second.Rob could be considered third.

We put some of the spectators ashore but Charlie and Dave Conner along with Jules Salter can back with me to berth the boat.

I was just starting tea when a fellow,Andrew, on a nearby yacht asked me over for a sundowner,a popular practice here I gather.
After a couple of Gins ,cheese,and a dip his wife produced some hot chicken legs and wings  left over fron a charter they had done today.
After the sun had set I went back to the boat and finished off with some fruit salad and icecream.
Very civilized .

I had cleaned up when Rob phoned to say could I let he and his personal trainer Mark in as the had come to stay with me .
So the day ended with me gaining some company.
The racing for the Australian Championship starts tomorrow.
 
Please ignore tho boasting but I forgot to get a photo today so I will send a shot of a large Stripie I caught at Pedra recently


No comments:

Post a Comment