Sunday 22 February 2015

Tamar to Stanley

A The new crew up early for a shower ashore,The TYC annex at Beauty Point fits the bill perfectly.The members built a beautiful club house here a few years ago now.
The toilets and showers are very welcome for the circum navigators.Clean ans spacious.

Cheroz got on the pots and pans for some very good mushrooms on toast.He and I helped Lester move his boat out of a difficult berth to an easier on on the end .Would make his departure easier in the afternoon.
Ron was updating his mooring plan as many boats had left.He was on the job at six thirty but one left at three he told me.A great number off today.I thanked him for  looking after us and gave him my key back.No doubt I will get my bill soon.

We departed at 9.30,fueled up and left the Tamar on an incoming tide.The reason a lot of boats left early as it was starting to run hard.Gave the PDYC a donation for their junior sailing .The Rear Commodore was down in a flash to thank me.You were here with the SBS show weren't you he said,that's right I said.I watched the first episode he countered.I told him Ron did also but was disappointed he was not in the back ground.Ron I said we are not up to the Tamar yet,just keep watching!

We motored along to Port Sorell for lunch.Negotiated the channel in without trouble.Would have been unlucky to have had a misshap as there were three navigators and I had a track on my little plotter from when I was here last year with Ben.
It is a beautiful area and with the exquisite Miss Eve from the wooden boat festival back home anchored  ahead of us with quite a few people swimming off her offered some entertainment.

We had alight lunch and as we left one of the sailing cats turned up ,can we anchor here he called,anywhere you like we advised him,I think Jerries notes talk about a power boat lane here but there were no skiers today.

We SE a course for Stanley the crew taking over the driving ,we arrived at about 5.30 I think passing a few boats on the way,some electing to go right through to the Hunter group as the weather changes tomorrow morning.



Stanley Harbour.

No comments:

Post a Comment